Below are some of the health benefits attributed to raw goat milk consumption:
• Goat's milk is less allergenic. It does not contain the complex protein that stimulates allergic reactions to cow's milk.
• Goat's milk does not suppress the immune system.
• Goat's milk is easier to digest than cow's milk (An old statistic showed that goat's milk will digest in a baby's stomach in twenty minutes, whereas pasteurized cow's milk takes eight hours. The difference is in the structure of the milk.)
• Goat's milk has more buffering capacity than over-the-counter antacids. (The USDA and Prairie View A&M University in Texas have confirmed that goat's milk has more acid-buffering capacity than cow's milk, soy infant formula and nonprescription antacid drugs.)
• Goat's milk alkalinizes the digestive system. It actually contains an alkaline ash, and it does not produce acid in the intestinal system. Goat's milk helps to increase the pH of the blood stream because it is the dairy product highest in the amino acid L-glutamine. L-glutamine is an alkalinizing amino acid, often recommended by nutritionists
Just check out all that one glass of goat milk has to offer:
- Calories: 168
- Saturated Fat: 6.5 grams / 33 percent DV*
- Carbohydrates: 11 grams / 4 percent DV
- Protein: 10.9 grams / 4 percent DV
- Cholesterol: 27 milligrams / 9 percent DV
- Sugars: 11 grams
- Sodium: 12 milligrams / 5 percent DV
- Calcium: 327 milligrams / 33 percent DV
- Phosphorous: 271 milligrams / 27 percent DV
- Magnesium: 34.2 milligrams / 9 percent DV
- Potassium: 498 milligrams / 14 percent DV
- Copper: 0.1 milligrams / 6 percent DV
- Zinc: 0.7 milligrams / 5 percent DV
- Vitamin A: 483 IU / 10 percent DV
- Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin): 0.3 milligrams / 20 percent DV
- Vitamin C: 3.2 milligrams / 5 percent DV
- Vitamin D: 29.3 IU / 7 percent DV
Disclaimer: These statements have not been evaluated by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA). To prevent our products from being classified as drugs under Section 201(g) of the Federal Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act, we are required to inform you that there is no intention, implied or otherwise, that represents or infers that these products or statements be used in the cure, diagnosis, mitigation, treatment, or prevention of any disease.
Hello my name is Stephany and I want to share my story. I am a mother of an autistic child. My son is Jovan, and this is his journey.
Brotherly Love: Jovan adores his big brother.